Texas Lien Laws
Texas Lien Laws
Friday, May 5, 2023 (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM) (CDT)
A long-standing part of AGC Houston’s curriculum, this presentation discusses the process for properly making lien and bond claims on private and public projects in Texas. Coupled with the technical discussion is a practical discussion to help the attendees understand the difficulties associated with sending notices too soon or too late and being sure you can prove up the amount of the claim in the event it is challenged in court. Attendees are encouraged to ask questions and often do. The discussions following attendee questions help the attendees understand the complex process in context. This class is taught by a Texas Board Certified Construction Lawyer who has handled hundreds of lien claims and worked for and against surety companies for more than a decade.
- Changes to notice requirements for second tier subcontractors
- Changes to the deadline for pre-lien notices when the 15th falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Legal Holiday
- Changes to the deadline to file a lien for contractual retainage
- Changes to the deadline to file suit to foreclose on a lien
- Project team members responsible for ensuring payment is received on a project
- Project team members including but not limited to credit managers, accounts receivable personnel, CFOs, project managers and small to mid-sized business owners
Brian Gaudet, Kilpatrick, Townsend & Stockton, LLP
Early Bird pricing ends Friday, April 21, 2023.
3825 Dacoma St.
Houston, TX 77092 United States
Class (in person)